Sony Ericsson today published its Software Developer Kit (SDK) for Xperia™ X1 and invited developers and content creators to capitalize on the opportunities offered by developing mobile content for the phone. Whether it is music, photography, email or instant messaging, gaming, social networking or video applications, developers can now create a host of unique multi-media entertainment and content for the Xperia™ X1 for consumers to enjoy.
Xperia™ X1 brings a totally new experience to mobile phone users by introducing nine easy-to-use, interactive panels which sit on the touch screen interface of the phone.
Developers can use the Windows Mobile SDK, free of charge, to produce a wide variety of panels to meet the consumer’s demand for a rich, individualised multimedia experience on their phone. Users of the Xperia™ X1 will be spoilt for choice as they personalize their handset with panel applications to suit their mood and lifestyle. Whether it is a search engine, advanced calendar or social networking application, music or film catalogue, sports or news related content, the panels enable you to access any information – quickly and directly – with a simple tap on the 3” super high resolution touch screen.
- Customise your Xperia™ X1 panels so you are a touch away from your favourite content – music, film, TV, sports
- Or, be the envy of your friends by watching TV or film clips in DVD quality on the three-inch high resolution touch-widescreen
- Get picture happy on the 3.2 megapixel camera and show the images in crystal clear clarity on the 800 X 480 pixels screen
- Access the latest 3D mobile games by simply touching a favourite gaming panel you have selected
Make your personal life a little easier:
- Access all your contacts and calendar entries wherever you are, as the Xperia™ X1 can automatically sync with your PC making sure you never miss a birthday, anniversary or meeting
- Search or book a holiday in your lunch hour by going online via a travel panel
- Add your local supermarket website and do your weekly food shop in just a few taps on the bus on the way home
- Read the latest restaurants reviews, look up cinema listings, call a friend or reply to personal email on the move using the full QWERTY keyboard
- Find that bar, restaurant or hotel using Assisted GPS and Goggle Maps™ for mobile when you’re on vacation or a business trip
Work on the move:
- Windows Mobile™ 6.1 makes working on the move easier with easy access to work emails and Microsoft® Office Mobile applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Always stay up-to-date with colleagues and important appointments by syncing the handset to Microsoft Outlook on your work PC
“The X1’s panels are a simple but immersive way of interacting with content, services and applications that will delight and engage consumers,” said Todd Peters, corporate vice president, Mobile Communications Marketing Group, Microsoft Corp. “Sony Ericsson’s X1 is a fantastic demonstration of how to harness the power of Windows Mobile to connect people to the things they care about most.”
Source: Sony Ericsson Press Release
Xperia X1 Panel SDK download link
Video Presentation of Panel technologie