New BlackBerry Pearl Flip Features Most Popular Mobile Phone Design in U.S.
T-Mobile USA and Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the BlackBerry® Pearl™ Flip 8220 smartphone—the first BlackBerry flip phone—is now available in the U.S., exclusively from T-Mobile.
The new BlackBerry Pearl Flip smartphone maintains the popular features and benefits of the BlackBerry Pearl; plus it packs numerous enhancements into the sleek and popular flip design.
Key features of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip from T-Mobile include the following:
- First BlackBerry smartphone to offer popular flip design
- Wi-Fi-enabled (802.11 b/g) supporting Wi-Fi calling and fast Web browsing
- Support for Unlimited HotSpot Calling, offering unlimited nationwide calling over accessible Wi-Fi networks
- T-Mobile’s myFavesSM support to stay in touch with those who matter most, with quick, one-click access for instant messaging, e-mailing, texting or calling to your Fave 5 SM from the Home Screen
- Enhanced SureType® keyboard to support text messaging, picture messaging, instant messaging (six popular clients), personal e-mail (access up to 10 supported e-mail accounts), and corporate e-mail
- 2.0 megapixel camera with digital zoom, built-in flash and video recording (requires microSD card)
- Advanced media player for pictures, music and video with full-screen video playback
- Stereo Bluetooth® support (A2DP/AVRCP) and 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Media management software included on the BlackBerry Tools CD, which allows transfer of music files including sync of desktop iTunes music files
- Enhanced HTML browser for high-performance browsing with a more desktop-style depiction
- Internal QVGA 2.4-inch diagonal screen, 320 x 240 pixels and supporting 65K colors
- 128 MB of flash memory, 256MB microSD card included, and support for up to a 16 GB microSD/SDHC card
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/Wi-Fi network including support for international roaming
- Dimensions: 3.9” x 1.96” x 0.68”
- Weight: 3.6 oz
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip is now available in T-Mobile retail stores and select authorized dealers, online or phone.
Available at launch in black, the phone is also planned to be available in red in the coming weeks.
Source: RIM Press Release